Wednesday, March 4, 2009

NAHBS Day 3 and Wrap Up

Sorry for the slow post for day three and wrap up stuff. What else can I say? Amazing show and it all far surpassed any expectations I really tried to not have. Big congrats to all the winners at the show!

Sunday was the slowest day of the three, but maintained a healthy flow through the booth. I came home with many new t-shirts from framebuilding friends and other folks. Also was excited to see Sheila Moon and Barb Howe (http://www.sheilamoon.com/) showing off some of their creations for women (and men) cyclists. Good job to you both for doing things a little differently! Thanks for visiting our booth and the kind words.



Speaking of kind words, many of the public and other exhibitors complimented us on our display! Major kudos to MF for making this happen the way it did, contributing your creativity and skill to our vision, and coming up big. The October Family could not have had a better partner to turn our ideas into the real thing. Thank you!









Some shots and show reports are being posted on cyberspace. I'll be trying to get the website up with a gallery of sorts. I was hoping a large make-over of rideoctober.com would have been crafted in time for the show, but I just couldn't make it happen.

So as the show ended, I was left with some feelings of sadness. Perhaps I needed more closure than the 1hr it took us to take down the booth and load the Official October Hand Made (rental) Sprinter. With all the preparation, planning, and friendships built as part of this project, there definitely was an empty feeling in me. I keep reminding myself, my dream isn't to go to trade shows, it is to make bikes! Ah, that's right, and man, I've got a bunch of bikes to build now!

Anyway, look for much more from October in the next few months. With the reception we received, there's no looking back now!

Grateful and humbled,
Andrew

PS: October Factory Racing is here. Look for the next update to be focused in our team and partners for 2009.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on a job well done - it's got to be tough winding down after such an intense weekend. Have a safe trip back to Massachusetts, and I'll look forward to hearing about the details soon!

    ReplyDelete