Saturday, February 28, 2009

Day One - Monster


First, I have forgotten the cable to my camera, so I can't upload good pix at the moment! Remedy that later...

So to say there was a slow opening day would be way, way off! Being the first year for October Bikes to exhibit, and seeing that the show is in a different city every year, I guess you never entirely know what to expect. The gut feeling would be that a weekday, even if a Friday, would see people sort of trickle in at a moderate pace. 9-11am is press/industry only...11am hit, and man, it was sort of like the flood gates opening up! We had constant flow all day long, right until 6pm. Lots of encourage words about our bikes, softgoods, and booth! We are really excited to share this with you all and are extremely grateful for the amazingly positive reception for October Hand Made!

Another highlight, for sure, was seeing lots of friends, not only from the Boston area, but industry folks we talk to often, but don't get to shake hands or hug regularly, To you all, it's been a real pleasure.

I will work on posting pictures with another update later. For now, we've gotta rally to the show to be ready for Saturday!!!

For those of you here with us in spirit, your support, encouragement, and energy is felt. Thank you.

Love and gratitude from Indy,
Andrew & The October Family

2 comments:

  1. WOW, I have been going through photos of the show all day, It shows that you put more thought and work into the booth than anyone else! Been waiting to see your bikes in the Velonews, Pez Cycling News and Cycling news. I know they will be in there. So very excited for you and all you have envolved. Like someone commented to you yesterday. Can't wait to say I knew you when.....
    Have a great day. So wish i was there.
    matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew and crew: Thanks so much for coming to the show and making Tray and I's first show a blast. TV is super pumped and stoked about his new frame from you guys and I think he has lit a fire in me as well. Your booth was awesome and fun and everyone working it was a blast to hang with. We wish you much success and can't wait to see the finished product...(now where did i put my check)

    -Justin

    ReplyDelete