Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Rambling from the Road #1

About 6:15 am here in Mentor, OH. Hit my limit at about 9pm last night, and it took me a bit to find a low rate, but not-so-scary hotel room... A check of the map, a small amount of emailing, and I hit the sack.

Good day on the road. Made it about 2/3 of the way to Indy, so an easy day will ensue today. Considered a stop at Niagra Falls, but the sun was already setting when I had to make my decision to catch the exit. If I'm going to stop, I'd actually like to see the Falls!!! Maybe on the way home... Was so beautiful to see lots of deer in the fields off to the side of the highway, pretty much the entire way through New York.

Consulting the map, I realized this journey will be taking me through Dayton, OH. Some of you may know that I'm a bit of an aerospace nerd. It was the reason I studied mechanical engineering...(and the vehicle that got me to be living my dream as a framebuilder) What Dayton means to me is the US Air Force Museum... Now, I'm absolutely no lover of war and violence, but I do have this thing for the incredible science of flight. Much more importantly, however, is that a trip to the museum was something we talked about, but never got to do together before my dad passed away.

Today I'll be enjoying the museum with you Pop, wishing you were here with me, and smiling the same way I would if indeed that was the case.

Don't wait. Ever. For Anything.

Love from the Journey,
Andrew

2 comments:

  1. i really dig your refreshing perspective and enjoyed hearing of your travels. wish i was making the trip as well.
    have fun!
    leahpb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andy!

    I am enjoying reading your notes along the Journey. Good Luck with everything. We are all sending you positive (winning) energy vibes from back home.

    For some reason, your journaling reminded me of something I once read in The Alchemist, maybe it's relevant in some way? "The fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself - and no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams because every second of the journey is an encounter with god and with eternity. When I have been truly searching for my treasure, every day has been luminous, because I've known that every hour was a part of the dream that I should find it."

    Ride on.

    Potato!

    ReplyDelete